AJ nominated me for a Liebster Award and I’m taking it Very Seriously Indeed.
The Liebster Award is given to up and coming bloggers who have less than 200 followers. The word “Liebster” comes from German and can mean the sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, most beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome.
(Yeeeeah I’m none of those things… I’ll leave my crown and sash by the door…)
So, here are the Rules (*pshaw* rules):
Thank the person who nominated you. (Done )
When you receive the award, you post 11 random facts about yourself (OMG I’m an open book what more do you want to know??) and answer the 11 questions asked by the person who nominated you.
Pass the award onto 11 other blogs – while making sure you notify the blogger that you nominated them! You write up 11 NEW questions directed towards YOUR nominees. You are not allowed to nominate the blog who nominated your own blog! (Why must everything be so complicated?!)
Random Utterly Fascinating Facts About Moi:
1. I was listening to Muse on the way to work today and I realised that a lot of their music is the sound that flowers make when they finally burst into bloom, when ferns unfurl and mushroom heads explode; it’s the sound of the stars burning incandescent and crashing out of existence just as gloriously; of things being born and devouring and being devoured and living and dying, spectacularly.
2. My favourite number is 17 – much love for the primes, y’all. Also, pi, because circles. And pie. Mmmm, pie…
3. STATIONERY!! I LUV STATIONERY!! *rolls around on a bed of pencils*
4. I have an invisible boyfriend. Wait, what, you guys know that already?? But I keep it so quiet…
5. I hate tapioca. HATE. And cilantro. Do not try to convince me otherwise. You’re wrong. So just sit there in your wrongness, and be wrong.
6. My belly button is the best belly button in the whole wide world. True story.
7. I’m a snorter, as in, I snort when I laugh. More than “occasionally”. I am adorably feminine in so many, many ways.
8. I am ridiculously fond of makeup and jewellery and scarves and hair dye and all other colourful, shiny, glittery, jingly things for decorating my
meatsack body. There are 5-year-olds who get less excited about glitter nail polish, _honestly_.
9. I swear too fucking much, but bugger me backwards if I can cut that shit out. Vagina.
10. Despite the fact that my writing voice sometimes dips somewhere below a Grade 3 level, I am actually well educated and perfectly able of constructing an award-winning essay. Talking like I’ve been eating nothing but Pixie Stix and shotgunning Mountain Dew is just so much more fun.
11. I’m not utterly fascinating at all. But I am very, very random. So there’s that.
1. Do you like homemade gifts?
I LIEK PRESNTS!!!!
2. Why or why not?
3. If pain, money, fading and society reactions were not a factor: what type of tattoo would you get?
I already have one tattoo, so the “cons” lsited above obviously don’t bother me Well, except for mone;. if I had the pesos, I would be at least 50% inked by now. Adornment is integral to my identity; skin is just canvas waiting to be turned into something of beauty and meaning.
4. What super power would you like to have?
I was going to say “breathe underwater”, but realised if I choose the ability to transform myself (into ANYTHING, yo) then I’ve got that covered and a whole bunch of other experiences to boot. “Advanced Physics-Defying Transformation”?
5. Polyamory: for or against?
I’m for everything between consenting adults. I think I’m probably polyamorous at the core, but would have an incredibly difficult time _living_ it because I prefer being alone.
6. Have you ever fired a gun?
Yep. It’s part of my origin story
7. Which thing that I have written do you like the best? (Yeah stroke my ego!)
I’ve enjoyed most of your poems and stories, as far as I know! I don’t have a favourite, but I can tell you that they make an impact because your voice is authentic. It’s not just words – there’s belief and… genuine worship woven in.
8. Predestination: yes or no?
A little from Column A, a little from Column B. I think it’s like a map, with certain “check-points”, but how you get there is up to you. I’m far too deeply in love with a chaotic universe to commit fully to Fate. Girl needs her wiggle room.
9. Polytheist: hard, squishy or soft?
Hard shell, with a marshmallowy centre (most likely strawberry-flavoured). In practise and personal belief, hard – and getting harder every day YEAH! – but I allow squishy space because who am I to decide the Ultimate Truth of Everything for Everybody?
10. What is your perception of Zeus?
Honestly have very little opinion; He has never showed up on my radar. The myths make Him out to be a complete douchewad, but there are too many people who work with Him and experience Him in a completely different light for that to be all He is.
11. What do you think I ought to know about you?
I’m not bad; I’m just (crudely) drawn that way.
Questions Pour the Whole Lot of Vous:
I thought a fun way to do these would be to consult a deck and base the questions on cards pulled. To take it even a little further outside of the thinky box, I’m using the Goddess Oracle -
1. Coyolxauhqui - Moms – so embarassing, amirite? What apology do you owe your mother?
2. Hathor - What is your personal beauty ideal? Any beauty tips to share?
3. Gaea - What is something that truly nourishes you?
4. Melaina - Is your Dark Side a friend and ally, or persona non grata?
5. Blodeuwedd - What is your favourite flower? Justify your choice for bonus points
6. Selene - Are you afraid of the dark?
7. Momoy - Have you had a visionary experience of any kind?
8. Isis - Have you ever gone to extreme lengths for love, power or knowledge?
9. Laverna - What can never be stolen from you (besides YOUR FREEDOMMM)?
10. Sophia - What knowledge – mundane or higher – do you desire most deeply?
11. Bride - What makes you burn? Where do you find your deepest inspiration?
I nominate… everyone who reads this YAAAAAY! Just leave a comment here if you decide to follow through so I can see your answers *snoopity-snoop* In addition, here are a few blogs you should check out if you haven’t already -
And, in the interest of oversharing and revealing my soft, pasty, jiggly underbelly for scrutiny -